Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baby Nursery Revealed!!!!

The nursery is basically complete at this point. I already love this room and enjoy sitting on the rocker while I talk on the phone. It is very peaceful and serene. It really does not feel "lived in" yet, but I imagine it won't until our little one is present.
I LOVE this rocker. I was obsessed for months with finding an upholstered chair that was modern, comfy, and might be functional post babies. Most baby gliders are hideous and look like they belong in an 80-year old woman's country-style home. And most modern gliders cost a mere fortune, so we were thrilled when we found this one on sale at Babies R Us for $300.
The tree on the wall is a decal and can be removed and re-done. The side table is a re=painted antique.
The crib is a Jenny Lind crib. They have been around since the 50's. The bookcase we had and simply re-painted.
I have 2 of these rectangular polka-dot rugs in the room. They were on super-sale at Pier One. The pompazon swing has been recommended to me by all my mamma pals. I registered for one (it was way more obnoxious than this one..too many bells and whistles), but then came across this older version of one at a baby consignment store...for 1/2 the price. We were thrilled to buy one used and it great condition. Sami loves it because it is bumble bee themed.
Here is an antigue dresser we found that will be doubling as a changing table. And, of course, I had to put some ball jars in the room.
These prints I have had for many months now, patiently awaiting the finished nursery. They are from an artist on Etsy. Decopauged birds and trees from French newspapers. Birds and trees is kind of the "theme" for the room if I had to pick one.
Here is the amazing bird mobile made by Laura. It is above the changing table. The birds are made from fun printed paper.
Ahh, the closet doors. For some wierd reason, this closet never had a door. We figured having a crawling/walking child in a room without closet doors might lead to disaster. We opted for French paneled doors. I attached fabric to the inside of the doors to camoflouge any messes in the closet.
Bookcase up close.
The crib bedding has little birds on it.
And finally, the enterence into the room. The ABC hooks are hung low so baby Grover can hang her things when she is old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment